As the organization's enterprise architect, provide strategic consultation to business areas, working alongside them to construct road maps outlining current areas of need as well as potential areas of growth. Devise strategies for leveraging current and future technology to best service our business partners while ensuring Information Technology’s ability to realistically support these initiatives.
- Lead the enterprise architecture development including: articulating of the architecture vision across multiple application suites, modeling the data, application and technical architectures. Defining a preferred lightweight EA process to guide design decisions, and applying appropriate governance and compliance activities. Deliver results to the organization based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Collaborate with business development, marketing and program management to establish implementation plans that move toward the target enterprise architecture and align projects with architecture strategies and road maps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish enterprise standards, strategies, and road maps.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts including proofs of concept, prototypes, vendor assessments, and consultative summaries.
- Provide technical expertise to propose level of effort projections, work breakdown structures and technical resource planning for proposed and current work.
- Educate and influence others in order to gain buy-in on proposed road maps, strategies, standards and solutions.
- Provide continual input to management and be consistently receptive to feedback.
- Participate in architectural review functions and support continued adoption of technology standards and architecture.
- Review current state architectures for improvement opportunities, portfolio rationalization and alignment with strategic plans and architectures.
- Facilitate communications between IT teams and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide expertise to educate, coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).
- Keep current and informed of domain related technologies and best practices.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as architecture, application development, information analysis, data integration, et. al.) in a small to medium IT environment
- 3 years of experience in a business-facing role (such as strategic business planning, business analysis, product owner, consultant or project management.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
- 3 years of experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with a services organization
- 3 years of hands on software development in PHP, Python, C#, Java or other similar languages
Enterprise Architecture framework (such as TOGAF, Zachman, or similar)
ITIL Practitioner Certification
Required Professional Competencies
- Customer focused with strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally at all levels of the organization including executives.
- Integrity and Trust.
- Able to teach others and explain complex concepts with clarity, educating through knowledge sharing presentations and written documents.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern enterprise architecture.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, practices and functional units.
- Strong knowledge of application development, infrastructure and operations.
- Ability to assess a situation, make critical observations and take appropriate risks, using available information.
- Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Be driven for results and work effectively with management, project managers, analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and testers to conceive, design, and deliver successful solutions.
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction including business strategy, technology strategy, technical design and implementation.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, and act collaboratively to meet objectives.
- Experience leading teams and implementing projects with both business and technical participants.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
Energy Federation, Inc. offers an outstanding benefit package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to take part with a leader in the dynamic field of energy efficiency and sustainability plus join a fast growing industry. Please visit us at www.efi.org.
Energy Federation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.