Senior Business Development Manager
EFI is seeking a proactive Senior Business Development Manager with strong Utility and ESCO market experience, to develop and grow opportunities within the sector. EFI provides key technology, products and program assistance to help realize Energy Efficiency programs, Rebate management and processing services, as well as deliver on our mission of service to our industry and community. EFI connects Utilities and their customers.
- Manages all related strategic and tactical activities within assigned territory. Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned territory. Includes preparing customer quotes and analyzing costs and setting margins.
- Identifies all sales opportunities within the assigned territory. Conducts opportunity assessment to filter most promising programs and ensure optimal return on EFI resources. Builds a pipeline of programs, and converts opportunities to production wins that ensure revenue and profit growth.
- Promotes Utility products and solutions throughout the assigned territory, including but not limited to product seminars, sales and distribution training, and customer presentations. Assists in EFI product releases and development of marketing collateral as required.
- Keeps the business unit informed of trends, opportunities, and needs within assigned territory and relevant markets. Conducts research to analyze a competitive position, market trends, and technological needs of territory as needed.
- Builds strong relationships with EFI sales team and external customers to support new and existing products. Coordinates with other areas of the organization to provide industry, and operational support as needed.
- Identifies new product development opportunities and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities.
- Maintains a high level of product, industry and market knowledge.
- Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels, identifying new opportunities and implementing programs.
Successful candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, advanced degree – MBA or Environmental Sciences preferred
- 5+ years sales/marketing/business development experience in the Utility Industry or Energy Markets
- A strong personal network of Utility Clients at the Executive level
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to create a pipeline of opportunity and communicate probability and timing
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely and deliver presentations to customers and EFI personnel.
- Presentation Skills to convey business and technical details to a broad range of audiences
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Travel to customers as needed
How To Apply
Energy Federation, Inc. offers an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to join in and take part in industry leading thought leadership and change with the leader in the dynamic field of energy efficiency and sustainability. One of the fastest-growing industries. Don't see anything of interest above, but want to work for EFI? Send us your resume, we would love to connect and learn more about your passion for energy efficiency and sustainability.
Energy Federation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org